Saturday, November 22, 2014

more recent work!

these two are from a still-life project we had in drawing & illustration, experimenting with pen and ink. we needed to first create the still life, draw it in pencil, trace with ink, and add some shading, then paint with watercolour (watered down gouache). I wish I had been brave enough to use some blue in the apple, and some green in the lemon, I think I could have given it more dimension that way. Also the circle around the shine on the apple was a horrible idea. Other than that, I'm super proud. Love this technique.

this is an earlier project for drawing & illustration, a still-life object (my owl change bank), focusing on light and shadow

 this project was one of my favourite so far! we needed to create a fake newspaper article (focusing on the layout) and draw it using only ink. this was meant to give us some insight on how much more of a process printing was before mechanized printing presses existed. this was REALLY fun to create!

i'm extra proud of this drawing (it's just a rough... stay tuned for the finished product) it's the beginning of an art-nouveau style movie poster for pulp fiction, a project i'm working on for history of graphic design. 


this is a project for my conceptual thinking class, we needed to create symbols for each of the four elements: earth, water, fire and wind. i decided to work with my concept of "mother nature" and changed her hair to represent each of the elements. i'm extra proud of the fire one. i used prismacolour markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment